Timezone change

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Notpil22

Timezone change

Post by Notpil22 »

How do I change ALL of my members timezones to GMT-6, in one fell swoop? I know there must be a way to do it using phpMyAdmin and my database.

Thanks

Notpil22

Post by Notpil22 »

anyone?

zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK »

For example with

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_timezone = 1.00;
Image My weblog | gamerslog.com | No support via PM or ICQ or email - If you don't know a term or a program mentioned in a post -> Google is your friend

Notpil22

Post by Notpil22 »

Thank you very much ZeroK !!!

Worked like a charm (after I figured out you didn't give me the whole answer). :D

I don't know how you guys know these things-You always amaze me.

I am also gratefull you didn't make me fill out a 15 page questioneer, to get a reply (Techie Michael :evil: ).

RogueScribner

Post by RogueScribner »

Is there a built in delay when changing the time? I changed to GMT - 5 from GMT - 4 with the new time change, but it isn't reflected on any of the pages I load. Am I missing something?

Zeyr

Post by Zeyr »

There is no delay. Changing the default time of the board will only set that timezone for new registers and guests. Existing members need to also update the timezone in their profiles. Which is why Notpil22 used the query to update them all ;)
If I'm not posting, I'm playing EQ2 :D

RogueScribner

Post by RogueScribner »

Oh, I see.

Well, I don't know how to use any fancy database programs, so I guess I'll just post an annoucement for everyone to update their profiles then.

Thanks.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”