Photo Album

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Molsen

Photo Album

Post by Molsen »

What are you guys using for a photo album for your forums. I need something to be able to put pictures into posts and such. Thanks a lot.
Zeyr

Post by Zeyr »

If you want to attach photos to posts your best bet is the Attachemnt MOD, if you're looking for a Album you can't beat Smartor's Photo Album as it was built specifically to integrate with phpBB.
If I'm not posting, I'm playing EQ2 :D
hayseed460

Post by hayseed460 »

Is there a album software of any kind that can be used for your users to upload pics then link to them in threads? The Album mod wont allow you to imbed those pics in your threads due to the PHP extention.
I am looking for something like webshots or similar that I can make part of my site. It doesnt have to recognize the forum users, I don't mind if they create new usernames for the picture hosting.

Thanks!
Hayseed
Sapphire

Post by Sapphire »

hayseed460 wrote: Is there a album software of any kind that can be used for your users to upload pics then link to them in threads? The Album mod wont allow you to imbed those pics in your threads due to the PHP extention.
I am looking for something like webshots or similar that I can make part of my site. It doesnt have to recognize the forum users, I don't mind if they create new usernames for the picture hosting.

Thanks!
Hayseed

This sounds like an installation or settings error as I've tested Smartor's Album on several variations of phpbb and it's always allowed the links from the album to be displayed. After you click on the thumbnail and see the full image, right click and choose properties. Copy the url for the image itself and insert that into the img tag and it should work. If not, check to make sure you have the "who can view" settings under the ACP set to to "ALL" or "Reg" (if you only want forum members to see gallery images in the post).
hayseed460

Post by hayseed460 »

Up until a recent release. This worked fine.

I beleive it was 2.0.8 had a security fix to eliminate the possiblity of people running harmful php scripts via the photo album. I should have metioned that I am running 2.0.10 Plus 1.52
aka_void
Name: Mark

Post by aka_void »

hayseed460 wrote: Is there a album software of any kind that can be used for your users to upload pics then link to them in threads? The Album mod wont allow you to imbed those pics in your threads due to the PHP extention.

Thanks!
Hayseed

if you enable html within posts, and allow the img tag, the smartors photo album works.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”