"Your php forum software is using way too much resource

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
KimmiKat

Post by KimmiKat »

Speaking off overloads, the host of my website recently imposed query limits of 18000 per hour. Many users are unhappy that their mboards such as PhpBB and InvisionBoard forums (and others) are now being unavailable part of the hour now due to the limits being reached. It's a real hot topic on their member support board.
Kim
This area under construction (or destruction!).
omatic

Post by omatic »

KimmiKat wrote: Speaking off overloads, the host of my website recently imposed query limits of 18000 per hour.
Heeey, that sounds familiar :?

Hi Kimmi! And yes, I'm back here searching for solutions again.... I'll report back at the other forum of course, if I ever learn anything.

Regards,
omatic
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

KimmiKat wrote: Speaking off overloads, the host of my website recently imposed query limits of 18000 per hour. Many users are unhappy that their mboards such as PhpBB and InvisionBoard forums (and others) are now being unavailable part of the hour now due to the limits being reached. It's a real hot topic on their member support board.

The first thing you should do is to remove all MODs, this will keep queries at a minimum.

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
My Complete phpBB Template Design Guide
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
Image phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska!
omatic

Post by omatic »

Kail wrote: The first thing you should do is to remove all MODs, this will keep queries at a minimum.
Beyond using no MODs, what else can be done? Are there 'non-essential' queries that plain phpBB runs, which could be safely removed (and if so, how?)?

Since I'm asking questions... perhaps you can shed some light on this one... is there a good way to gauge how many queries per page barebones phpBB 2.0.4 is executing, out-of-the-box? I would love to get some hard statistics on what my board is actually doing to my host's mysql server.

Regards,
omatic
Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail »

Yep, you can, enable debug mode.

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=12

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
My Complete phpBB Template Design Guide
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
Image phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska!
omatic

Post by omatic »

ThankyouThankyouThankyou!! I will try that right away!
omatic
omatic

Post by omatic »

Hmmm... looks like {S_HIDDEN_FIELDS} is parsing, but must not be defined... nothing comes of it. Any ideas?
omatic

Dead thread? ;-)

Post by omatic »

Bump! Anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Now even with debug on, {S_HIDDEN_FIELDS} reveals nothing. I'm still trying to figure out how to get query stats for pages that were generated.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”