User Name in ACP Edit User

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Aristotle

User Name in ACP Edit User

Post by Aristotle »

This might get moved, but (in my opinion) it isn't directly MOD related.

I have a test board that I am gearing up for a release. I've installed maybe 15 MODS on it (using EasyMOD) and have about 30 to go plus numerous changes I want to make on my own.

Last night, while I was checking various pages for errors, I cam across a problem. When I edit a user's profile in the admin control panel their name displays as my name (the administrator viewing the page).

This isn't a deal breaker. I can retype their name into the box and save changes as normal, but its a bit vexing to have a known flaw on my system.

I'm guessing the problem lies within admin/admin_user.php
My question is, what block(s) of code within that file grab and display the user's name? I need to find all of that information and see if I can figure out why its giving me my name instead of the user's.

I thought it might be an issue with the variable "$username". Maybe a MOD I've installed is using that same variable globally and causing the problem. So I went into admin/admin_user.php and changed all instances of "$username" to "$usersname", but that (at least by itself) made absolutely no difference in the way the page was displayed.

Any help would be appreciated. I seem to know just enough PHP to get myself into trouble. :(
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

Let me guess - you use Mozilla/FireFox as your web browser? If you do then this is an issue with it's auto-complete functionality.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”