Forum Hacked by someone

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
mishaikin

Post by mishaikin »

Dark Side wrote:
1.) Why does my site still show version 2.0.6 at the bottom of the page?

I'm in with this question too...patched up from 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 but still showing the previous version on the boards. :?

Oh, I re-read over all 12 pages too but didn't find anything concerning this. Considering my eyes feel like they're out on stalks now... 8O

Well, it's off topic .... anyway, if you have changed only the files and haven't run the update_to_211.php from the "install" directory this will be the result :wink:. Read this - http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents. ... ABLE_files.

P.S. Dark Side, now, you can give a rest to your eyes 8) !

Dark Side

Post by Dark Side »

Thanks mishaikin. I did run the execute command like it states. Hmm, maybe I need to contact my host just in case they needed to run the command instead. What fun!

Thanks for the "eye rest", bro. I've been having one of those headaches right behind the 'ol eys here of late. :wink: I'll post back soon as I learn more.
Dark Side

Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Dark Side wrote: Thanks mishaikin. I did run the execute command like it states. Hmm, maybe I need to contact my host just in case they needed to run the command instead. What fun!

Thanks for the "eye rest", bro. I've been having one of those headaches right behind the 'ol eys here of late. :wink: I'll post back soon as I learn more.
If it is just 2.0.10 to 2.0.11, you can edit the number from the database. The update script just cleans up the tables and updates the number. IIRC, the schema hasn't changed since 2.0.6.
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN

Dark Side

Post by Dark Side »

Fantastic! Thanks Techie...really appreciate it. Hope you have a great day and thanks to all who have helped out! 8)

update: now on to the other board... :D
Dark Side

bikerboy1

Re: Upgraded but...

Post by bikerboy1 »

Kaichi wrote:
bikerboy1 wrote: 3.) before upgrading and still now; I cannot send a pm. I will write a note and click 'submit' but the message just sits in my out box! I tried toggling the allow and disallow pm radio button in the admin panel, but nothing changed. How do I get the message to leave my out box?

Don't know about the other stuff, but the message will sit in your outbox until the recipient opens it. Try sending yourself a PM, or to another username that you make up for testing, and then open the message in the inbox. If all is working properly, the message should disappear from your outbox, once it has been opened on the receiving end.

Hope that will help!

(^-^)

Thanks Kaichi Satake,

I suspected that may be the case, but was not sure.

bikerboy1

Post by bikerboy1 »

Techie-Micheal wrote:
Dark Side wrote:Thanks mishaikin. I did run the execute command like it states. Hmm, maybe I need to contact my host just in case they needed to run the command instead. What fun!

If it is just 2.0.10 to 2.0.11, you can edit the number from the database. The update script just cleans up the tables and updates the number. IIRC, the schema hasn't changed since 2.0.6.

I suppose mishaikin did not read my post or they would have seen that I did run the script as directed. Anyway, I appreciate the concern and the reply. However, the way I translate what Techie-Micheal wrote, I guess that the number will NOT change for anything above 2.0.5 and since mine was 2.0.6, it will remain the same. But... what is this about editing the database? HOW and WHICH FILE???? WHERE????

Can anyone answer the question about what to do with the missing phpBB graphic so it does not look like the page is not finished?

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

From what I can see you didn't run the file, but opened it in an editor.

TO run it, you need to point your browser at www.domain.tld/phpBB2/install/update_to_2011.php
(substitute the correct path to the file)

Running this file will make the required changes whatever version you are on.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

Dark Side

Post by Dark Side »

This is what I did and if you prefer, double-check with someone first. I downloaded a copy of my database (Access) and went in to the one called phpbb_config.

Scroll down towards the bottom and you should see "version" in the cell on the left. Just change the "0" in the cell beside it to read "1" like this: .0.11

Then press "save" and upload the entire databse back overwriting what's on the server.

I should say that first you should disable your board so all is the same when you copy the DB back.

As for your missing Icon... is it still in the directory where you put it? And if so, have the permissions been changed? Had this problem when I tried to access my own Icon (or graphic) for my old board at IPowerweb. They had to go in and change the permission for me to use the link to the graphic I uploaded.
Dark Side

Dark Side

Post by Dark Side »

Graham, would running the "execute" command in WS_FTP also work too?
Dark Side

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

No, the script has to be run by opening it in your web browser.

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database

bikerboy1

running script

Post by bikerboy1 »

Graham wrote: From what I can see you didn't run the file, but opened it in an editor.

TO run it, you need to point your browser at www.domain.tld/phpBB2/install/update_to_2011.php
(substitute the correct path to the file)

Running this file will make the required changes whatever version you are on.

Graham, I did not use the text editor from V-deck, I clicked on the icon to PREVEIW my page. Would that not be the same as opening it in my browser? Other modifications such as visual confirmation have appeared on my new version. Does that not indicate that the script had run? How can we know if the script ran?

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

If the script ran, it'll give you a message that you are updating from version a to version b and then at the end that it has completed.

Dark Side

Post by Dark Side »

Well, all I keep getting now is " Please read: INSTALL.html before attempting to update." Any ideas? Oh and I re-uploaded the executable file.
Dark Side

Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

That normally means it's in the wrong place. As I said above, it needs to be in the install/ directory under the phpBB folder.

bikerboy1

Post by bikerboy1 »

Dark Side wrote: Well, all I keep getting now is " Please read: INSTALL.html before attempting to update." Any ideas? Oh and I re-uploaded the executable file.

I got the same message. So, will it hurt to upload (groan) the install directory again and run it once more? Do I need to upload the contrib dir too? Anything else to upload?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”