Categories - help

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Anihc

Categories - help

Post by Anihc » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:01 am

Not sure if this is where I post this. I have seen several websites using PHPBB and I would like to know where I go to edit PHPBB in order to have the categories show up on the main page as links like I have seen on many of these other websites. Then when you click the link it expands the Category to show all the forums inside of it. (Or it can take you to a second page for that category.

I would rather do this on my forum because it is going to be used for several different tasks with similar forums in each category. And the front page would become extremely long otherwise.

Thanks in advance,
Anihc

computersOC

Post by computersOC » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:42 am

Forum management in the acp
http://www.computersOC.com - overclocking, P2P, broadband tweaks, ISP forums, more... Computer Building Help -- Overclocking Guide

Want us to install you a phpBB board or update your current one? Want mods/anti-spam mods installed? Moving to a new host? Check us out here.

Anihc

Post by Anihc » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:56 pm

I can only do the following there:

From this panel you can add, delete, edit, re-order and re-synchronise categories and forums.

What I want to do is make the main categories either collapsable or open into another page for the forums within each category.

I have seen this done on several forums found here from either examples or where people had questions and I checked out there forum from the links posted. I don't want to fool around testing this on a live forum otherwise I would play around with the php files myself. Hopefully someone can show me which files to change, I don't see this as a function in the acp anywhere and I currently am running 2.0.8 I would like to change this before I upgrade because I want to backup the whole directory prior to the upgrade and want everything in place before hand.

Anihc

Post by Anihc » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:17 pm

Still hoping I can find an answer. :(

cbloom

Post by cbloom » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:21 pm

Maybe something like the Rollout Categories Hack?
Find XBOX Live gamers - Upload your picture, search by state/country/city & meetup in the new forums!
http://www.gamertagdatabase.com

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”