Help Please

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
yasuragicenter

Help Please

Post by yasuragicenter » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:46 pm

I just signed up with a new web hosting company, that allows for phpbb forums. Our last company created a phpbb forum for us, but due to a breech of contract we will no longer be using them. It is imperative for us to launch new forum today. I have access to the Admin Panel, but I can't seem to download styles. I would like to add morphyus green and get it up and running. I do to the styles section on the site and it dowloads the file to my desktop? What can I do?

hvwees

Post by hvwees » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:49 pm

Didn't you download the files from your previous provider? including a DB backup?

If so, use those file's to set up your forum at your new service provider.

cbloom

Post by cbloom » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:18 pm

hvwees wrote: Didn't you download the files from your previous provider? including a DB backup?

If so, use those file's to set up your forum at your new service provider.

If not, in most cases all that you need to do is copy the style files into your templates directory and then choose that as the default style in the configuration page in the administration section. In more complicated styles there will likely be instructions to install it. In either case, you'll likely need at least some sort of FTP client (FileZilla is a good one) and FTP access to your server which you can get from your hosting provider.

If you need help with this, send me a Private Message and I can at least recommend someone who can help.
Find XBOX Live gamers - Upload your picture, search by state/country/city & meetup in the new forums!
http://www.gamertagdatabase.com

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”