[split] Banned Myself.

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
rtrev64

im screwed too

Post by rtrev64 »

I banned myself because I was banning IP's and I hit mine now I can't get help nowhere and I am reading everything I can but no way to unban myself. I am the admin of that forum room.
Drexion
Former Team Member

Post by Drexion »

This query should clear the banlist

Code: Select all

DELETE FROM phpbb_banlist WHERE ban_id > 0;
Most paid hosts have phpMyAdmin preinstalled and can be used to run queries.
Sometimes you can run queries via your hosting control panel.
rtrev64

thank you

Post by rtrev64 »

I just copy the tag you posted and replace the old tag?
Drexion
Former Team Member

Post by Drexion »

That code I posted above is a query. Usually, you would be able to run queries in phpMyAdmin, which is usually provided on most paid hosts.
Your host may provide another means of running queries, such as via a control panel or command line prompt. It would be best to check your hosts documentation on how to run queries.

The basic steps taken to run a query in phpMyAdmin is in this article,
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=151
starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Try using my toolkit if you dont have phpmyadmin installed.
You can simple click the "Unban" option next to your IP.

If you do have phpmyadmin, there is a SQL tab at the top, click that and just copy/paste the query into the text area and click Go.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!
balkanst

Post by balkanst »

omg

people need to learn what "proxy" is :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Speaking of proxys...

How do you proxy chain?

When I type xx.xx.xx.xx:80 xx.xx.xx.xx:80

It does not route through all of the proxies in listed order. All the articles I have read about proxies tell you to enter them that way, yet it never seems to work.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!
rtrev64

I waas banned

Post by rtrev64 »

Yeah I banned myself. that's what I get.. anyway I found myself back to the board. still king and ruler of my own board.

Hey I went in to the docs of my phpBB and I chose to make the member lists not viewable because I had this person using the emails and PM's to harrass etc.. so I took it out, this is what you would get if you clicked on the 'memberlist'

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ')' in /home/rtrev64/public_html/phpBB/memberlist.php on line 30

http://roberttrevino.com/phpBB/index.php-This is my message board, please try it out and make sure it is doing just that.. when you click on the 'memberlist'

Now the real question as well is where do I go or how do I go about giving me ther advantage in regards to register sign up. you see I banned people but they are so physco that they can't stand being ruled over so they go to my register page and while filling out info they leave messages where the 'username' supposed to go and that is the message to the board, the email is fake. I want them to have to have the real deal email and yes I already went up and down the control panel of my message board and did what I was supposed to do.

They still do that.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”