Question About The Permissions Section

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
6d6a6

Question About The Permissions Section

Post by 6d6a6 » Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:49 pm

Hello, i have just finished setting up the software and it is great, but i have one problem, in the permissions sectin of the admin. panel, i want to set the permissions for each forum i have, but the problem is in the drop down menu (which u use to select which forum u want to set permissions for) only 1 out of my 5 forums display.

I have searched this board all night but no luck, just people talking about how they have an error and the forums don't show up period.

I have tried deleting and adding more forums, but no luck only the 1 displays. I have tried deleting the forum that it allows me to set permissions for but in the permissions section it still shows it even though it has been deleted.

AnyHelp on this would be great, cause my end goal is to set it up so people have to register to post...thx

AL

Post by AL » Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:14 pm

if you are trying to do more detailed permissions you have to set up the forum as private - then you can set all the other stuff.

hope that makes sense...
"A nerd is someone whose life is focused on computers and technology, but a geek is someone whose life is focused on computers and technology and LIKES it that way."

6d6a6

Post by 6d6a6 » Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:32 pm

thats not the problem, the forum won't even display in the drop down menu, so if i wanted to make it private or not it would not matter....

here is the problem...i enter the admin permissions section:

there is the drop down menu part and the lookup forum part:

i click on the drop down menu and it just shows me 1 of the 5 forums i have:

General stuff - displays

Vid game stuff - does not
music stuff - does not
movie stuff - does not
help - does not

but all the forums r up and running cause there has been some posts in some of the forums...

so i leave it to the nice people from this board again, why does it only display 1 of the 5 forums i have in the permissions drop down menu???

thx

primedomain
Former Team Member

Post by primedomain » Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:36 pm

Is this an update/upgrade/clean install? Vanilla phpBB2 or any mods installed? Which version are you running?

6d6a6

Post by 6d6a6 » Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:09 pm

hello again, it is a clean install of phpBB 2.0.1 no mods other than i changed the picture on the index page to my own...other than that nothing has been changed, just setup the forums and stuff as outlined in the readme...

But still under permissions i only get the one forum in the drop down menu...

thx for any help

6d6a6

Post by 6d6a6 » Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:35 am

Well i have still not gotten a reply is it safe to say no-one else has ever had this problem, it just seems odd, that it only lists 1 of the 5 forums for me to set the permissions on, and to say i am a little mad about it is an understatement, pls if anyone can help i would really appreciate it, plus it might help others who may have the same problem now or in the future.

Thx

primedomain
Former Team Member

Post by primedomain » Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:51 am

maybe one of the files involved has been corrupted during upload. My suggestion would be: re-dowload the full package, re-upload all files (in ASCII except images etc).

6d6a6

Post by 6d6a6 » Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:31 pm

Ok, i tried the re-install thing, but it did not work, i had the same problem when i started it up...

The other thing is that i am running the board off my computer, as i have made my computer a web server... So no upload is required, so i am curious if i still have to change the mode to ASCII. If so can i get some help on how to do this since i don't have the upload process as it is being run off my computer....

Thanks again

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”