help please

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Snakebait

help please

Post by Snakebait »

well for some reason it will not let me creat a new user level or it does but i just dont know how cause im very new to phpbb and the only level is Administrator there is no moderator so can someone please help

Snakebait

Post by Snakebait »

*bump*

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

This is normal...what exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you wish to give just certain users access to features, this may help: www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=16
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

Snakebait

Post by Snakebait »

alright well what im trying to do is make someone a moderator so there name shows up in the green on the bottom like this forum...i wanna know how to do that..because i already created a group called moderator but how do i add people?

tahoebuff
Name: Michael

Post by tahoebuff »

Read this article from the knowledge base...

Snakebait

Post by Snakebait »

ok i did the group thing but now it doesnt say how to add someone to the group :(

Dark Side

Post by Dark Side »

In the top part of your forum you should see "Usergroups". Click on it. Next screen should have "Current Memberships" "Details" and "View Information".

Select a Group, then click on View Information. The rest should be fairly easy to figure out.

Just add members to the group, delete members, make an open, closed or hidden group.

HTH's
Dark Side

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”