SQL Error : 1030 Got error 28 from table handler

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
cwipperman

Post by cwipperman » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:04 pm

I'm getting the following error....

Code: Select all

DEBUG MODE 

SELECT vd.vote_id, vd.vote_text, vd.vote_start, vd.vote_length, vr.vote_option_id, vr.vote_option_text, vr.vote_result FROM phpbb_vote_desc vd, phpbb_vote_results vr WHERE vd.topic_id = 11661 AND vr.vote_id = vd.vote_id ORDER BY vr.vote_option_id ASC 

Line : 687 
File : /home/admin107/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php 
The error mainly comes up on topics where there is a poll - but I just went to the admin section and tried to do some basic admin functions and got this message....

DEBUG MODE

SELECT f.* FROM phpbb_forums f, phpbb_categories c WHERE c.cat_id = f.cat_id ORDER BY c.cat_order ASC, f.forum_order ASC

Line : 169
File : /home/admin107/public_html/forum/admin/admin_forumauth.php
The only thing I can think of that might have triggered this is that a couple days ago - I added the "Topics Anywhere" mod - which puts the topics in Javascript on another page. I had noticed when I clicked on a poll from the "topics anywhere" box - I got an error code.

I have tried going to PhpMyAdmin - and tried to "Repair Tables". I am getting the following error message when I repair the Tables....

dmin107_phpbb1.phpbb_search_wordlist repair status OK 
admin107_phpbb1.phpbb_search_wordmatch repair error 28 when fixing table 
admin107_phpbb1.phpbb_search_wordmatch repair warning Number of rows changed from 762595 to 1211924 
admin107_phpbb1.phpbb_search_wordmatch repair status OK 
Any ideas what caused this... any ideas how to fix it?

(FYI.... I tried to use the phpbb forum "search" feature to find an answer - but I got a "page not found" error when I tried to search)

Magee

Post by Magee » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:06 pm

you have probably forgotten to execute all sql provided with the mod.
@the search thing - phpbb.com has search stopwords to save bandwidth, you probably put one of these in so you where given a blank page.

cwipperman

Post by cwipperman » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:11 pm

Magee wrote: you have probably forgotten to execute all sql provided with the mod.
@the search thing - phpbb.com has search stopwords to save bandwidth, you probably put one of these in so you where given a blank page.

There wasn't any database modifications provided with the mod. It was basically an "add on" - and just required some files be dropped in.

Magee

Post by Magee » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:15 pm

do you have categories heirachy mod installed? if so, re submit the sql with that. i think that your error might be to do with that..

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Post by Vic D'Elfant » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:20 pm

Magee wrote: you have probably forgotten to execute all sql provided with the mod

Nope, error 28 means "No space left on device", which means that the partition at which the MySQL server is running is out of space.
cwipperman: contact your host to solve this problem. Meanwhile you could execute the following query to fix the problem temporarily:

OPTIMIZE TABLE phpbb_forums;
OPTIMIZE TABLE phpbb_categories;
Magee wrote: @the search thing - phpbb.com has search stopwords to save bandwidth

It's not to save bandwidth, but to prevent an enormous server load

Vic
midd.ag • DTP, web development & printing
http://www.midd.ag

Magee

Post by Magee » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:28 pm

Vic D'Elfant wrote:
Magee wrote:
Magee wrote: @the search thing - phpbb.com has search stopwords to save bandwidth

Vic
which is basically to save bandwidth. an enormous server load would mean bandwidth would go.

NeoThermic
Security Consultant

Post by NeoThermic » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:33 pm

Magee wrote:
Vic D'Elfant wrote:

Vic

which is basically to save bandwidth. an enormous server load would mean bandwidth would go.

No, an enormous server load just crashes the apache process, and phpBB goes down for a few minuites. Your average search page result is 45kb. In terms of bandwidth, thats nothing. However, server load for a popular word in the search will take up a LA of about 3, possibly 4. That can do things from overload the server, to timing out the script.

Stopwords have nothing to do with bandwidth as Vic said, they have to do with server load.
NeoThermic.com... a well of information. Ask me for the bit bucket so you can drink its goodness. ||新熱です

cwipperman

Post by cwipperman » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:34 pm

I have this site running on a dedicated server with an 80GB hard drive. I have the disc quota for this site set up at "unlimited". So.... it shouldn't be anywhere near the limits of the drive (I'd estimate that with all of the sites I have on the server - I'm using about 750-800 megs of space).

Is there something I can do to the server to fix this?

Maybe this helps too... I have an e-commerce site running on the same server. The last two days - I have been getting error messages on that site - basically saying the "Temp Cache" file is full. Nobody seems to know what is causing the problem there - but it is set to write to the Mysql.

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Post by Vic D'Elfant » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:35 pm

Hm have you tried emptying the "temp" directory at your server?

Vic

cwipperman

Post by cwipperman » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:54 pm

How would I do that? I have viewed the file - and it's HUGE. On the e-com site - the temp/cache file is like 12 megs - and on the site with the phpbb it's over 55 megs.

I'm leery about messing with it because the file says "do not modify or delete". Is there a safe way to empty it or to shrink it?

Thanks...

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Post by Vic D'Elfant » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:57 pm

I just did a quick google search and almost at all forums it's said that emptying your temp-directory (like in windows c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\temp) should do the trick.

Vic

cwipperman

Post by cwipperman » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:05 pm

Question - from my Cpanel - I'm not seeing an "empty" option for the temp file. I see stuff like:

Show File
Delete File
Edit File
Change Permissions
Rename File
Copy File
Move File

... but no "empty". I'm still nervous about this... can anyone verify that this won't screw up something?

Should I just "edit" the file - and go through and just highlight and delete a bunch of the stuff on the page?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”