Procedure to move a forum from one domain to an other

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
goa103

Procedure to move a forum from one domain to an other

Post by goa103 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:52 pm

Hi,

Is there any known procedure to move a phpBB forum from one domain to an other ? My procedure is to move all scripts offline to avoid users from using it, export DB, import DB to the new domain, move scripts to this domain. But all references to posts are broken as the URL BBCode was used. I thought about writing a simple PHP script to update all the links but I'm sure there's a better way to ease the migration process.

JM

computersOC

Post by computersOC » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:51 pm

Copy all FTP files from your current host and the db and then put them on your new one and change config.php to be in accordance with your new one.
http://www.computersOC.com - overclocking, P2P, broadband tweaks, ISP forums, more... Computer Building Help -- Overclocking Guide

Want us to install you a phpBB board or update your current one? Want mods/anti-spam mods installed? Moving to a new host? Check us out here.

goa103

Post by goa103 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:54 am

computersOC wrote: Copy all FTP files from your current host and the db and then put them on your new one and change config.php to be in accordance with your new one.

Sorry my subject was not really explicit, the important part is in the message. I already have a procedure to import/export a phpBB forum.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”