We've been hacked.

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Lipstick

We've been hacked.

Post by Lipstick »

Hey, I'm Lippy, and I'm a member of a forum, that's run by phpbb. I'm completely useless with computers, so I don't have a clue about computer/internet/html jargon.

I just wanna know, what happens when someone hacks into a forum, how they delete the admin, and then delete everything else?

Oh, and the obvious question - how do we get the forum back?

*Lippy*
Jon Reid

Post by Jon Reid »

If someone manages to 'hack into your forum' it's either through incompetent passwording of an admin account or unsafe and easy access to your server etc- phpBB is very secure otherwise and you shouldn't really be worried about that.

The only way to 'get your forum back' after everything has been deleted is to upload your database since your last back up- if you've got a remotely busy site I'd make one of these daily
Administrator of Star Trek Online || Moderator of The Admin Zone
bico

Post by bico »

At the moment you are as safe as you can be if you are using phpBB 2.0.11, otherwise not.
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

General Discussion is not a support forum.

Moved to phpBB Support
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”