Firefox fouling up usernames in User Administration

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
timmus

Firefox fouling up usernames in User Administration

Post by timmus » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:00 pm

I recently discovered a problem with Firefox and phpBB User Administration (at least in 2.0.11). When pulling up any user, you will see this:

Username: * [some static username you've used]

For example, if you've entered "Joe Blow" recently as a username somewhere, then you will ALWAYS see Joe Blow here, regardless of which user you pull up. But all the other user data will be okay, at least I think so (not sure about the password).

Why? It appears the Firefox form filler is inserting data (which makes no sense as this field should not be blank). This can easily foul up your user database if you're not careful. There's no telling what other fields might be getting changed.

Is this a problem with 2.0.11 coding (i.e. not providing unique form fields) or is Firefox being sloppy?

I would have to recommend going to Firefox > Tools > Options > Privacy > Saved Passwords, then doing Clear, and then expanding this option and unticking the "Remember Passwords" checkbox.

I don't know if this has come up before (I'm sure it has), but maybe it will save someone some grief.

Tim

Albert Wiersch
Name: Albert Wiersch

Same here

Post by Albert Wiersch » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:10 pm

I have the same problem with 2.0.11 and Firefox. I looked at the HTML and it seems that this is a Firefox bug since the correct value is there, but Firefox is replacing it.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”