"Search" problems

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
twalker

"Search" problems

Post by twalker »

I am running PHPBB v2.0.11, using PHP v4.3.10 and am having problems with the search functionality. When I run a search, the results are returned fine, however, if I click on one of the results and then click the 'Back' button to return to the search results I get the following errors:

Internet Explorer 6.0:
"The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

Netscape 4.7:
"Data Missing
This document resulted from a POST operation and has expired from the cache. If you wish you can repost the form data to recreate the document by pressing the reload button."

Firefox 1.0: (works fine)

Right now the search functionality is obviously only useful if the user finds what they're looking for with the first click of the mouse. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thank you!

Tim Walker

twalker

"Search" problems

Post by twalker »

I forgot, mods installed are:

mod_post_notification
Auto Subject on Reply
Extreme Styles

Tim Walker

twalker

Re: "Search" problems

Post by twalker »

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
Tim

twalker

Post by twalker »

Still looking for ideas. Anybody?!?

Tim

ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow »

I get those myself on IE. I don't know what the problem is exactly just yet but if I can figure it out before someone else does, I'll let ya know. (BTW: Gotta be patient when posting on here, you won't get immediate responses.)

twalker

Post by twalker »

Thanks ScionCrow! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I'm patient. I just don't want the post to fall into the oblivion of unanswered questions. :wink:

Tim

bajandreamer

Cannot return to search results page in browser

Post by bajandreamer »

G'day,

I've been trying to track down this issue as well. I have many members on a forum I moderate who are constantly asking about this.

I'm also convinced that it's the reason many members avoid using the search function as much as they should....resulting in many unnecessary posts and basically replicated topics.

Please help....even if the answer is that it's not possible in current versions.... whatever, it's quite frustrating, considering how well everything else functions.

Regards,
Mike (huge phpBB fan!)

scarabee

Post by scarabee »

Any news on this topic?

custmguru®

Post by custmguru® »

ive got the same issue, but everything was fine before installing 2.0.13

scarabee

Post by scarabee »

Yeah. I also noiticed that the search function works fine on the phpbb community forum, so there must be a fix somewhere..

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”