Cannot restore backup file - "No File Was Uploaded"

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
tntwrk

Cannot restore backup file - "No File Was Uploaded"

Post by tntwrk »

I was hacked over the weekend. I deleted all of the existing PHPbb files and reinstalled (new mySQL, too). The install went fine but when I try to restore from my backup file (from 2 days prior to the hacking - lucky me), I get a message ""No File Was Uploaded".

I tried several times with the same results.

Just for fun I tried an older backup that I had used to restore after another problem. That time it had worked fine. Now it will not restore at all - same error. Same message when I tried a few other backups.

This was all with version 2.0.6. I then installed 2.0.11 and tried to install - same results on all backup files.

Any idea what is happening here and what I can do to recover?

Thanks in advance for your help.
akslee

Post by akslee »

One reason would be the file is too big to upload.

I have a similar problem, and ended up restoring it table by table.
It's more troublesome, b ut at least it gets the job done.
"If you have a great time teaching your child, and your child has a great time, there simply isn't anyway you can lose."

www.ChildBrain.org
tntwrk

Post by tntwrk »

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give that a try. (And post a reply on how it worked).
tntwrk

Post by tntwrk »

Well, it worked with one little error, but that is no BIG deal. I divided the backup into 5 chunks. All restored except for the table `phpbb_search_wordmatch" It is huge and even tho' I tried several times, it would not restore. Since that appears just to be for searches, it does not appear to be a big deal, but.... It would be nice to restore it. I will keep trying.

Once more, thank you for your suggestion. It did the trick.

Michael
tntwrk

Post by tntwrk »

Well, I tried one more thing. I gzipped the table that wouldn't restore, then tried again and it worked just fine.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”