Require administrator approval of all posts?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
gnomercy

Require administrator approval of all posts?

Post by gnomercy »

I tried searching for this and get a plain white page, so I really don't have much choice but to ask.

I upgraded phpbb2 to 2.0.11 for a customer today and he's lost the ability to require that the administrator approve all posts made to the board. He claims to need this ability and neither of us see it in the admin control panel.

Can someone point me in the right direction here?
akslee

Post by akslee »

1. Click the Administration Panel
2. Under General Admin, clicik Configuration
3. Under the tiem Enable account activation checkbox the Admin option

This will then send and email to the board administrator every user who registered and will need him to click the link in that email to activate the account.
"If you have a great time teaching your child, and your child has a great time, there simply isn't anyway you can lose."

www.ChildBrain.org
gnomercy

Post by gnomercy »

Thanks Akslee, but I'm talking about moderator/admin approval of every post, not every new account. I think he found a mod that will do it for him.
FCH

Approval Feature

Post by FCH »

We are also trying to impliment such a capability and have seen a mod called "approve mod" but it is not sanctioned yet by phpbb and may not be compatible with v2.0.11.

Was your client able to actually approve postings prior to the upgrade? Or was it just a new user approval?

We would like to be able to approve all posts by "non registered" users and allow registered users to post without approval. We would love to know of any modifications that can be made to the current phpbb version.

Fran
CountryLady

Post by CountryLady »

I'd be interested in the one Fran mentioned as well. :)
Drexion
Former Team Member

Post by Drexion »

gnomercy>> Your client was most likely using the Approve MOD,
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=76852

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”