Question about upgrading to 2.0.11

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Rain76

Question about upgrading to 2.0.11

Post by Rain76 »

Will we be able to keep how our forum looks (the style) or will we lose the style we have made for our forum?
SatCam

Post by SatCam »

Your style will not be affected. There is only one changed template file, which I believe is an admin tpl. The only thing you need to make sure of is that all mods are still correctly installed after you update.
wickedintense

Post by wickedintense »

ok that just confuses me more ??

these are the directions from Tutorial on upgrading to the latest version of phpBB... that i think #2 was the one they suggested if you want to keep the theme/layout of the board?

(2) Download the "changed files only". Make a folder on your computer, and unzip the contents there. After extracting the contents, you'll see several other zip files that will look something like this: 2.06_to_2.0.11.zip, and you'll see 4 folders: (cache, contrib, docs and install). Make another folder inside the one you just made, now go back to the other folder, find the zip for your current version you're using to the current version you want to update to. Example: 2.06_to_2.0.11.zip. Unzip the contents into the second folder, and also cut and paste the cache, contrib, docs and install folders in that same folder.
Now upload the files and folders. When you have the same folder on your server as you do in the folder you made for the upgrade files, make sure you open the folder, and only upload the files within that folder. Do not upload the folder itself. Folders that are not on your server, like install for example, you can upload the folder itself. (the changed files only does not have the config.php file, so you don't have to worry about overwritting the old one). chmod the config.php file to 644.

When you're finished, type in your forums url and add: /install/update_to_2011.php to the end. You will be presented with a screen that shows the progress of the update. Now delete the install and contrib folder. You want lose your templates using this method, however, you may lose some mods, see *NOTE* under section (1) for information on getting your mods back. If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm me.
You can get rid of the folders, if you want, that you created on your computer.

If it's only a change in the admin_tpl file i don't even see that in the files I dowloaded for the upgrade.

ugh I just want the easiest way to upgrade the board, that will keep it looking the way it is right now. colors themes members posts forums and all that good stuff ? The more i read 8O :? help please :wink:
Rain76

Post by Rain76 »

bump*

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”