users can't log in 2.0.10

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Alizzia

users can't log in 2.0.10

Post by Alizzia »

Help! I was going to install a mod, but decided against it. Anyways, I think I messed something up. I get this error on the site:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function phpbb_clean_username() in /home/alizzia/public_html/forums/login.php on line 57

when trying to log in.

Any suggestions??
Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Put the orginal files back. You have a backup of them right.
Then try again ...

Or ... you can check out the line 57 to see of you modded something wrongly.
Alizzia

Post by Alizzia »

yah, I ended up just replacing the old files, but I lost the last week of what I had on there.. oh well.
Thanks anyways. [/quote]
anne2000

Post by anne2000 »

I had the same problem plus I had a problem with my search function. When I followed Drexion's advice below, it solved the logging-in problem as well as the search problem. I hope that someone makes this a 'sticky' thread so that people will be able to find the answer quickly and easily. That one 'functions.php' file was the only one that had to be uploaded.

Drexion wrote:
Did you edit any of the php files ?
Re-download phpBB2.0.11, and extract it to your hard disk. Inside the includes folder there should be a 'functions.php' file - upload this fresh functions.php into your forum's /includes/ folder, overwriting the old one there.

Thanks, Drexion! I found your reply to this problem on the following page:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... anusername

It solved my problem immediately, and as I stated on that thread, I think that you should make this a 'sticky' thread so that others can find the answer quickly.

I was really hoping that it would be a quick and simple fix, and thanks to you, it certainly was.

It also solved my 'search' problem because I was getting a similar type of error when I tried to use the search function on my forum.

Thanks again, Drexion!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”