Disable Firefox-only autofill: username/pass login page

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
LVZ

Disable Firefox-only autofill: username/pass login page

Post by LVZ »

http://mylvn.com/forums/login.php

This is odd (it did not happen on this forum.) Whenever I go to the login page, a username and password are automatically filled in. Since I use a few different usernames, this can be quite annoying.

This seems to only happen in Firefox (not MS IE6). When I clear the Firefox cache and cookies and it has no effect.

Can someone suggest a programmatic way to disable this "feature" via PHP (or JavaScript).
espicom

Post by espicom »

Disable FireFox's auto-login for the page. It sees a log-in prompt, and tries to help you by filling it in... PHP can't change that, other than renaming the login boxes each time you visit the page.
LVZ

Post by LVZ »

Easier said (written) than done. I still prefer a code fix.

There is no Firefox "disable auto-login" in the Firefox menu system and the Firefox URL about:config is not exactly user-friendly either.

I might be able to cruise the Net to find a way to disable the auto-login problem in Firefox but my users most likely can't.
creepycridler

Post by creepycridler »

Go into tools>options>privacy, then clear all that junk out. Then, next time you log in somewhere, say no to the little guy who wants to use the password manager to store your login information. Should Work.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”