purse inactive users

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
frankoamiricano

purse inactive users

Post by frankoamiricano »

I am sure this is covered here, I tried to search it out but came up with nothing.

We get a lot of bounce emails from invalid email addresses, these accounts never get activated because they never get the email to click on the link. Is there a way to clean these out of the database?
Mav
Former Team Member

Post by Mav »

this MOD is ok if there aren't too many inactive users
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=117359
it will give you a list of all your users and an indication if they are active or inactive. you can check all the users that are inactive and then delete them.

there is also this MOD (Niels' site is down, and this is the only link i can find)
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/346
this is more automated as it will give you a list of all inactive users and allow them to be pruned with 1 click.
frankoamiricano

Post by frankoamiricano »

I am just wondering, assuming the email link has not been clicked on, is there only one INSERT in the user table, would I not be able to simply delete from usertable where user_active != '1' and accomplish more or less the same as these mods are doing?
Mav
Former Team Member

Post by Mav »

records are also entered into the phpbb_groups and phpbb_usergroups tables.
only deleting the record from the users table isn't very tidy (and could lead to problems with your groups/permissions)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”