"last edited by" message

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
visionquest99

"last edited by" message

Post by visionquest99 »

just wondering if there's any way to remove the "last edited by" message to messages in phpbb2.

sometimes i edit and this message doesnt appear; other times it does.

is this controlled somewhere? thank you.
visionquest99

Post by visionquest99 »

no takers on this one?
master_chief

Post by master_chief »

I believe there is a checkbox where you can specify if you want to have t display that or not..
visionquest99

Post by visionquest99 »

i couldnt find such a check box anywhere....
SnowManrcd

Post by SnowManrcd »

the notification shows up after someone else has replied to the topic, if no one else has replyed to the topic and your post is the last one when you edit it you wont get the message.

http://www.phpbb.com/support/guide/
4.2.8: Editing Posts

Editing posts allows you to go back and fix errors, remove incorrect information, or add new information to your posts. To edit a post, look at the top right corner of your post and click Edit. You will be taken to the posting form to edit your post, and then click Submit to enter it into the database. If you edit a post after it has been replied to, a small message will appear at the bottom of it indicating how many times it has been edited, and when and by whom the last edit occurred.
-SnowMan

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”