Cookies Issue

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Der Robe

Cookies Issue

Post by Der Robe »

I am having a problem with my cookie settings. My cookies seem to work fine in IE 5. But if a user has IE 6 or higher (cant remember what version they are on now) The cookies will not save any one else have this problem???
WANTED:
Artists and debaters

The Pit
primedomain
Former Team Member

Post by primedomain »

- What are your current cookie settings?
- Make sure that your browser accepts cookies from your domain (IE 6.0: Privacy settings)
- Check your cookie settings in Admin Panel --> General Admin --> Configuration:
cookie domain:
psoTFX wrote: The recommendation is to put the domain there (remembering that two dots are essential, e.g. domain.com will not work properly but .domain.com or domain.com. may work), with path set to / this will (or should!) work in the vast majority of cases. If it doesn't the next recommendation is to leave the cookie domain blank and set path to / .
http://www.domain.com or www.domain.com for cookie domain will not work. Do not enable cookie secure unless you use https. Don't forget to delete all relevant cookies when trying out these different options.
Der Robe

Post by Der Robe »

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

This is an image of my cookie settings please help if you can
WANTED:
Artists and debaters

The Pit
Der Robe

Post by Der Robe »

*Bump*
WANTED:
Artists and debaters

The Pit
GoleyC

Post by GoleyC »