Removing the Register Link. How?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
DavidPaul

Removing the Register Link. How?

Post by DavidPaul »

Hi,

I am using an application called aMember to manage user accounts on my system. It included a plug-in for discussions boards. Right now, if someone becomes a member on my website, a user account on the phpbb discussion board is created. However, I just realized that peple are beginning to register themselves for the discussion board and not the website, so I need to get rid of the register link on the discussion board pages. I do not want people registering for the board on the board. I want them to become a member via aMember and have that sytem create the account for them. So, howe do I get rid of that Register link?
David Palmer

Post by David Palmer »

David,

To remove a register link that appears on the top of everypage, just find it in overall_header.tpl and remove the HTML for that link. For the one on the main index page (between top and bottom, if you have one), go to index_body.tpl ... and if there's something in the footer you want removed, it will be in overall_footer.tpl.

Good luck,

David
The more details you can provide about your problem, the better people can help you!
phpBB Rules :: Support Request Template
3d0

Post by 3d0 »

Well...if it's setup to make new accounts when you register on the site,

simply go into SubSilver>Overall_header.php and remove the whole (REGISTER) string from it.
An Phpbb Support Dude--PM me for help.
Join the Clan:http://www.thedaetclan.tk

Now Testing:Phpbb 3.0 Beta
DavidPaul

Thank you. That worked!

Post by DavidPaul »

Thanks alot!
3d0

Post by 3d0 »

No prob. :D, although he prob. helped you more than I did.
An Phpbb Support Dude--PM me for help.
Join the Clan:http://www.thedaetclan.tk

Now Testing:Phpbb 3.0 Beta
flogger12

Post by flogger12 »

you could also change the phpbb register link to point to your other register page and that way get them coming and going.

by the way, can you post the code that you are using for the sigup page, and maybe the php for getting it to add the user to the phpbb database.

sure would come in handy.

robert

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”