User password doesn't work, after restoring the database

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
b15ser

User password doesn't work, after restoring the database

Post by b15ser »

I'm having a problem, where the users password which is not working after i restored the database. Just a quick fact, the databse used to reside on a different sql server, since i have have a better server i decided to import the database over to the new server. So what i did on the first forum, i did a full backup, and then uploaded the database over to the new forum, via the database restore function. Everything was restored, msg, threads and usernames. However like i mention the user's password did not work, when i was trying to login, so i had to have the forum to re-assign me a new password. Does anyone know what i should do, without have all the user on forum to have there password re-assigned ? any help would be appreciated thanx..
3d0

Post by 3d0 »

This puzzles me. If the whole package was reinstalled, I don't see why it didn't work for the users. Are you sure you made it the same password and username as before? That has worked for me before.
An Phpbb Support Dude--PM me for help.
Join the Clan:http://www.thedaetclan.tk

Now Testing:Phpbb 3.0 Beta

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”