error when I log in or out

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
freephone

error when I log in or out

Post by freephone »

I have very recently installed PHPBB2 for the first time and it is working and I love it. However, when I as the administrator log in or out I get the msg below appears in a browser window as if I was blocked or something. I simply browse back and refresh the window and I am logged in. I assume it is going to be there for all users on my PC and possibly other users as well. Can you help thanks

]ÿjHost 'CPE-138-130-52-79.nsw.bigpond.net.au' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server'

ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR »

Welcome to phpBB
What are your forum cookie settings (Admin panel / configuration), and the URL of your board?
Thanks
No more Team Chocolate Member. I decided to leave, it's my choice. Thanks to all for all these years.
I'm always near if you need news of me. But no more support is given (private notification disabled)

freephone

Post by freephone »

hi and thanks.. the cookie settings are the default settings I think. Cookie domain [blank]
Cookie name [phpbb2mysql]
Cookie path [/]
Cookie secure [disabled]
Session length [ 3600 seconds ]

the URL is www.menaiphysie.com/phpbb2/index.php

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Try setting the cookie domain to .menaiphysie.com (with 2 dots) and the cookie path to /phpbb2/

Also set the domain name setting to www.menaiphysie.com and the script path to /phpbb2/ (on the same configuration page)
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

freephone

Post by freephone »

thankyou, did that .. now I can't log in at all??

freephone

Post by freephone »

I requested a new password and received the email. I then activated it (I think) but instead the browser displayed the same error msg - ÿjHost 'CPE-138-130-52-79.nsw.bigpond.net.au' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server'. I cannot get back in. Can you tell me to get in please. Peter

freephone

Post by freephone »

By the way .. the displayed error is my ISP and IP address

flogger12

Post by flogger12 »

you have some issues with accessing your database, you need to contact your hosting company and make sure that you have the correct database info in your config.php file.

luck,
robert

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”