members posts show up as guest after db backup

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
khisanthax

members posts show up as guest after db backup

Post by khisanthax »

Okay, so I had this huge problem with hackers changing my database and the short version is I had to restore my files and my DB in pieces. So I restored the post, post text and topic tables first and then restored the users, user groups and groups tables. After that, I found out that the hacker(s) deleted my moderators accounts. So, I asked them to recreate their accounts and then I changed their user id number to match their previous accounts. Now, the only problem is that their posts show up as guest and they can't edit their old posts. so, what can I do?

Locksmiff

Post by Locksmiff »

At a guess, the user who posted the message, has had there id number or whatever ever it is changed or wrongly inserted.

It displays guest when it cant find the real user who posted the message, is any easy way of explaining it......or is it a bug ??

I get that all the time, when inserting the messages etc before the users are added.
The internet is in the hands of idiots......

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

okay, i corrected the user id already, so all I need to do is re-create the table with the users there already and it should re-associate properly?

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

that didn't work. I dropped the user tables and recreated them with all the users and their old posts still show the name guest instead of their real name. Can anyone help? Not only that but they can't edit their old posts ...

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”