Why don't the makers of phpBB2 do this to the tags button???

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Iron-Monkey

Post by Iron-Monkey »

I am curious of one thing. How come the developers of phpBB2 not make it so that when the users click on the buttons for the html tags such as "B" "i" "Quote" "Img" it would pop up a window for the users to type in the text line instead of having the users to insert the tags in the middle of the tags or that they have to click on the "Close tags" link.

I think that making those tags to work with pop up javascript to simply insert the text in would make it a lot friendlier for those not very familiar with HTML tags.

psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

We just can't win! sigh ... :)

hsim

Post by hsim »

I prefer it the way it is now, anyway this is a template issue and you can easily change it to what comes to your mind.
email me: hsim at gmx.li

Dzien Dobry

Post by Dzien Dobry »

I also prefer it the way it is.

Poost

Post by Poost »

uhm i prefer it the way phpBB2 does... i know the way u say from the advanged methodes of Vbulletin and i think it s0x i h8 evveryting that pop up in my screen :(

hehe nah phpBB2 u doing it good :) keep it going

gameofhit

Post by gameofhit »

Iron-Monkey wrote: I am curious of one thing. How come the developers of phpBB2 not make it so that when the users click on the buttons for the html tags such as "B" "i" "Quote" "Img" it would pop up a window for the users to type in the text line instead of having the users to insert the tags in the middle of the tags or that they have to click on the "Close tags" link.

I think that making those tags to work with pop up javascript to simply insert the text in would make it a lot friendlier for those not very familiar with HTML tags.

You do know that you can just select the tags (i.e. highlight them) Then you click the bold or italic tag button, and it will throw the opening and closing tags around it. This is just as easy as what you suggested, but simpler and easier to understand. 8)

You could also do the way that you suggested with templates (it would still show the tags in the post though). Good Luck :D

Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I hate full screen of buttons and popups poppping here and there. It's cool now and it was cool in phpBB 1.x too.
Just a Freak, emuFreak!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”