I'm new to all of this phpBB

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
flogger12

Post by flogger12 »

monkeshine wrote:
sw2000 wrote:
Could you specify the log-in problem? And maybe post a link to your board?

Hi, my board is temporarily at http://monkeshine.jodoshared.com/phpbb2/index.php but I plan to move it later.

When I log in or out I get a No input file specified Error now. I've been trying to tinker the best I can, and corrected some of the other issues I had, but this one has me stumped.

As I said I made the change to the redirect script as posted on this forum, and the parse error I mentioned is resolved, but now I get the above error. I can't figure out if its a cookie settings problem, a server side problem (DB problem?), a port setting error - I've tinkered with everything I can think of and did two clean installs already.

If you try to log in and get this error, you can go back 2 pages and refresh, and you are logged in. Same method for logging out.

I CAN get into the admin panel and do other functions, just cannot get a seamless log-in or log out. What have I forgotten to do? What have I missed? What is it trying to do and what is it looking for?

Thanks in advance
Please post your settings from your administration/configuration panel.
domain name:
script path:
server port:
cookie domain:
cookie name:
cookie path:

thanks,
robert
monkeshine

Post by monkeshine »

Robert (or anyone)

domain name: monkeshine.jodoshared.com
script path: /phpbb2/
server port: 80
cookie domain: (blank)
cookie name: phpbb2mysql
cookie path: / - (just a backslash)

Thanks for your assistance.
busterblader103

Post by busterblader103 »

What version of php are you running? I saw another error on your site, and I'm wandering...
Setty
monkeshine

Post by monkeshine »

Im running the latest version, 2.0.13 - It's the one i've downloaded from the downloads link above.

I wouldn't be surpised if there are other errors - i'm totally green learning this as I go. I have scoured the forum for this no imput file specified error but I cannot find many posts on teh subject.

But I have not yet finalized the settings I can't get past the admin panel updates. When I try to update it with SMTP and stuff and click submit, it comes back with the error (after redirecting)

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”