HELP! functions.php ERROR!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
RogueScribner

HELP! functions.php ERROR!

Post by RogueScribner »

I tried installing the active-membership MOD and I guess it conflicted with something because my board is all screwy now.

I immediately opened the MOD and reversed the instructions to undo the install, but I'm still getting errors. I cannot access my ACP or log out. The following error messages are in my header on every page:

Code: Select all

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rogueze/public_html/fanforce/forum/includes/functions.php:776) in /home/rogueze/public_html/fanforce/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 495

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rogueze/public_html/fanforce/forum/includes/functions.php:776) in /home/rogueze/public_html/fanforce/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 497

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rogueze/public_html/fanforce/forum/includes/functions.php:776) in /home/rogueze/public_html/fanforce/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 498
What should I do? Stupidly, I didn't backup anything before installing the MOD, because after reviewing the MOD it looked so simple. I guess looks can be deceiving.

To reiterate: I undid the changes the MOD required, I even undid another MOD I installed just to be safe, but I keep getting these errors. HELP!

flogger12

Post by flogger12 »

open functions.php and make sure there are no extra lines or spaces after the ?> at the end, place your cursor there and hit the delete key several times.

then save and reupload.

robert

RogueScribner

Post by RogueScribner »

It worked! Thanks!

Wow. Whodathunk some extra space at the end would cause so many problems? :)

L8r

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”