Page 1 of 1

Myg0t has hackz0ring our forums!!

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:11 pm
by Rain76
what do we do? we are running the version 2.0.11 or 12 we had not updated to the newest version. how can it be fixed?

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:27 pm
by tOnk3r
Depends what they done.
What exactly did they do?

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:46 pm
by Rain76
our style that we had is completely gone, and I cant access the admin panel anymore.... and alot of our forums are gone..here is the link to the board..... http://www.tantriczone.com/bulletinboard/

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:48 pm
by geocator
Do you have a backup of the database. If so upgrade to 2.0.13 and then restore the database. Otherwise upgrade and then set up forums etc again and move those posts back.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:50 pm
by Rain76
Thank you.....we will try that. :)

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:54 pm
by tOnk3r
get Starfoxtj's admin toolkit And remove any admin accounts they may have created and make your own account admin if they had demoted you, That would be a start.
then you will have to fix your theme from there, They may of selected a theme that dosnt exist, if thats is the case you should be able to change it back from the admin panel.

Then when you have it all fixed update your forum.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:17 pm
by wickedintense
tOnk3r wrote: get Starfoxtj's admin toolkit And remove any admin accounts they may have created and make your own account admin if they had demoted you, That would be a start.
then you will have to fix your theme from there, They may of selected a theme that dosnt exist, if thats is the case you should be able to change it back from the admin panel.

Then when you have it all fixed update your forum.



i used the toolkit to gain access to the board but still can't log into the admin panel... it says i am admin on the board but where the admin panel link usually is there is this error message ... Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:07 pm
by wickedintense
so here is where i am at i used the toolkit.php to regain password and username control and the fix.php tool to change my board back to it's original style, and forums.. then updated my board with a back up which is about a month and 1/2 old :( when i try to click on one of the forums to read the posts this error message comes up....

________________________________________________
Failed obtaining forum access control lists

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'a.auth_download' in 'field list'

SELECT a.forum_id, a.auth_view, a.auth_read, a.auth_post, a.auth_reply, a.auth_edit, a.auth_delete, a.auth_sticky, a.auth_announce, a.auth_vote, a.auth_pollcreate, a.auth_attachments, a.auth_download, a.auth_mod FROM phpbb_auth_access a, phpbb_user_group ug WHERE ug.user_id = 2 AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND a.group_id = ug.group_id AND a.forum_id = 4

Line : 157
File : /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/includes/auth.php
______________________________________

so before i upgrade to 2.0.13 does anyone have any suggestions to fix this so i can have full access to the posts etc ??

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:07 pm
by LousDaddy
With them changing the templates it sounds like they have changed to something where ther are no admin panel files.

If you have access to your phpMyAdmin get to the config databases and change the default theme back to subSilver, cant remember if you have to type it in or whether each is given a number, try both. If you dont have the subSilver theme on your ftp anymore make sure to upload all the files for it first into the templates folder.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:09 pm
by LousDaddy
wickedintense wrote: so here is where i am at i used the toolkit.php to regain password and username control and the fix.php tool to change my board back to it's original style, and forums.. then updated my board with a back up which is about a month and 1/2 old :( when i try to click on one of the forums to read the posts this error message comes up....

________________________________________________
Failed obtaining forum access control lists

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'a.auth_download' in 'field list'

SELECT a.forum_id, a.auth_view, a.auth_read, a.auth_post, a.auth_reply, a.auth_edit, a.auth_delete, a.auth_sticky, a.auth_announce, a.auth_vote, a.auth_pollcreate, a.auth_attachments, a.auth_download, a.auth_mod FROM phpbb_auth_access a, phpbb_user_group ug WHERE ug.user_id = 2 AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND a.group_id = ug.group_id AND a.forum_id = 4

Line : 157
File : /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/includes/auth.php
______________________________________

so before i upgrade to 2.0.13 does anyone have any suggestions to fix this so i can have full access to the posts etc ??


Do you have any database backups which you can restore using phpMyAdmin rather than the admin section of your forum

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:11 pm
by wickedintense
LousDaddy wrote: With them changing the templates it sounds like they have changed to something where ther are no admin panel files.

If you have access to your phpMyAdmin get to the config databases and change the default theme back to subSilver, cant remember if you have to type it in or whether each is given a number, try both. If you dont have the subSilver theme on your ftp anymore make sure to upload all the files for it first into the templates folder.


oops we posted at the same time lol

so here is where i am at i used the toolkit.php to regain password and username control and the fix.php tool to change my board back to it's original style, and forums.. then updated my board with a back up which is about a month and 1/2 old when i try to click on one of the forums to read the posts this error message comes up....

________________________________________________
Failed obtaining forum access control lists

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'a.auth_download' in 'field list'

SELECT a.forum_id, a.auth_view, a.auth_read, a.auth_post, a.auth_reply, a.auth_edit, a.auth_delete, a.auth_sticky, a.auth_announce, a.auth_vote, a.auth_pollcreate, a.auth_attachments, a.auth_download, a.auth_mod FROM phpbb_auth_access a, phpbb_user_group ug WHERE ug.user_id = 2 AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND a.group_id = ug.group_id AND a.forum_id = 4

Line : 157
File : /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/includes/auth.php
______________________________________

so before i upgrade to 2.0.13 does anyone have any suggestions to fix this so i can have full access to the posts etc ??



thanks lousdaddy :) any suggestions at this point ??

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:58 am
by wickedintense
HELP please! :?

my board was hacked today... used the toolkit to changed the passwords and the fix kit to go back to the theme. while i was trying to fix the files so everything would run...

now it is says the page cannot be found so i tried to update the files to 2.0.12 to see if when i installed that it would go back to normal nope didn't work... still page cannot be found. when i run the install or fix files errors come up and at one point it said the board was not installed :? but everything seems like it's in it's place...

i'm running out of ideas... and i'm noticeing the config.php file in the bulletinboard directory is empty is that normal?

edited to add that the forum addy is www.tantriczone.com/bulletinboard this whole thread is about ongoing problems there not two seperate boards :D