Config.php is Empty?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
BlueRook

Post by BlueRook »

The DB type is probably incorrect for your installation. Try

Code: Select all

$dbms = "mysql"; 
wickedintense

Post by wickedintense »

thanks blue rook
The DB type is probably incorrect for your installation. Try
Code:
$dbms = "mysql";

when i changed that it says it cannot connect to database...

so i put it back to mysql 4 and double checked some of the other entries and now when i try to get on the bulletinboard this message comes up

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'tantri3_phpbb2.phpbbconfig' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbbconfig

Line : 214
File : common.php [/quote]
nurhendra

Post by nurhendra »

wickedintense wrote: SQL Error : 1146 Table 'tantri3_phpbb2.phpbbconfig' doesn't exist

It means your table is not there.
Are you sure you are using 'tantri3_phpbb2.phpbb' as your prefix?
Check your phpmyadmin, see what is table prefix. Should be something_config where something_ is used for all tables in the db.
wickedintense

Post by wickedintense »

oh ok something worked after that ... can u take a look here ( www.tantriczone.com/bulletinboard ) i can see the board with errors up top...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/config.php:26) in /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/includes/sessions.php on line 188

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/config.php:26) in /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/includes/sessions.php on line 189

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/config.php:26) in /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/includes/page_header.php on line 475

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/config.php:26) in /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/includes/page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/config.php:26) in /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/includes/page_header.php on line 478
BlueRook

Post by BlueRook »

You probably have spaces at the beginning or end of your config.php file now. Make sure there are no spaces before the <?php and put the cursor right after the ?> at the end and delete and lines/spaces coming after (just hit delete a few times). Then upload the config file again.
wickedintense

Post by wickedintense »

just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped me in here.

THANKS!! :wink:
neveryonas

Post by neveryonas »

It seems that I have the same problem that you have...someone hacked my board, on this forum that I set up not long ago. I didn't realize it until today...but I cannot even login to the database in phpmyadmin
nor can I login to the board, nor can anyone else properly...
Where is this toolkit?
Then I will continue to follow along this post and get it back and running
BlueRook

Post by BlueRook »

neveryonas, I think you want this.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”