Code Help please

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Noonster

Code Help please

Post by Noonster » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:26 pm

Code: Select all

if ( $poster_id != ANONYMOUS )

{
		if ( $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN )
		{
			$poster_name = '<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $poster_id) . '"' . $style_color . '>' . $poster_name . '</a>';
		}
		else
		{
			$poster_name = '<a href="' . $phpbb_root_path . "admin/admin_users.$phpEx?mode=edit&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $poster_id . "&sid=" . $userdata['session_id'] . '"' . $style_color . '>' . $poster_name . '</a>';

}
	}
^^ The above code makes it so when an admin clicks a persons username from in the viewtopic it takes them to their profile in the admin panel.

I have the Junior admins mod installed so now junior admins can view profiles in the admin panel but NOT by clicking on a username like the admins can.

How would i edit the above code to allow junior admins (code is MAIN_MOD) to be able to click the username in the viewtopic like the admin can and it link to the admin panel??

Your help is much appreciated as always

Cheers
Darren

plbeane94

Re: Code Help please

Post by plbeane94 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Noonster wrote:

{
		if ( $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN )
		{
			$poster_name = '<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $poster_id) . '"' . $style_color . '>' . $poster_name . '</a>';
		}
		else
		{
			$poster_name = '<a href="' . $phpbb_root_path . "admin/admin_users.$phpEx?mode=edit&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $poster_id . "&sid=" . $userdata['session_id'] . '"' . $style_color . '>' . $poster_name . '</a>';

}
	}
^^ The above code makes it so when an admin clicks a persons username from in the viewtopic it takes them to their profile in the admin panel.

I have the Junior admins mod installed so now junior admins can view profiles in the admin panel but NOT by clicking on a username like the admins can.

How would i edit the above code to allow junior admins (code is MAIN_MOD) to be able to click the username in the viewtopic like the admin can and it link to the admin panel??

Your help is much appreciated as always

Cheers
Darren

{
		if ( $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN, JUNIOR ADMINS )
		{
		}
		else
		{

}
	}
That MIGHT just do it, I'm not 100% sure, so ask another person if it's right before you change it. I don't wanna screw up your forum.

Noonster

Post by Noonster » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:39 pm

Thanks for trying mate but unfortunatly that didnt work....
From what i can see you only changed this line

I even tried editing it to read

if ( $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN, MAIN_MOD )
But neither of the above worked.

Thanks again for trying
- Hopefully somone will have the answer.

Cheers
Darren

Noonster

Post by Noonster » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:33 am

Anyone ??

Thanks
Darren

espicom

Post by espicom » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:38 pm

I have the Junior admins mod installed

And, as such, your question should be asked of the people who came up with that MOD, since it pertains entirely to it.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

arod-1

php

Post by arod-1 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:51 pm

this snipett:

is syntactically wrong for php. i am not familiar with this specific mod, but a correct php syntax will read something like:

if ( $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN && $userdata['user_level'] != JUNIOR_ADMIN) 
or something like (a little more pleasing aesthetically):

switch ($userdata['user_level']) {
    case ADMIN:
    case JUNIOR_ADMIN:
// do the admin thing here
        break;
    default:
// do the not-admin thing here
}
(the 2 above snippets assume the meta-value is "JUNIOR_ADMIN". as i said, i dont have the mod myself, so you have to put the correct value there...)

the most pleasing form will look something like:

if (is_admin($userdata) {
} else {
}
and then write a nice little function that checks to see whether a user is an admin.

Noonster

Post by Noonster » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:52 am

Thanks for the help above
- I will look into it when i get home tonight.

Noonster

Re: php

Post by Noonster » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:08 pm

arod-1 wrote:

if ( $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN && $userdata['user_level'] != JUNIOR_ADMIN) 

Brilliant i just used that but put MAIN_MOD instead of JUNIOR_ADMIN as thats the code for it and it works.

Fantastic :D
Thanks alot for that.

Cheers
Darren

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”