site hacked need some small help

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
AndrewThomas

site hacked need some small help

Post by AndrewThomas » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:56 pm

i am just getting everythign back together it was a fuckin mission i had to take 3 DB backups and create a new one to use but anyway whenever someone logs into my sitethey get redirected to http://mathforum.org/
other users claim that they get " page can not be displayed " i cant seem to figure out why
i even am using ALL new phpbb files
www.technoputa.com

Cause EVERYONE Listens To Techno

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:54 pm

Ummm..where is your forum even located? I only see join links and stuff.

Also, the hacker probably included a redirect tag in either the site description, or the forum descriptions.

Check those out in the ACP.

Also upgrade to 2.0.13 and run my toolkit to scan for any backdoor admin accounts and backdoor files with the HackScan that is included.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”