Successful 2.0.14 upgrade

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:50 pm

neticus wrote: Ok Wo1f man or anybody else who wishes to reply to this. Am i right in thinking i can use Acyd Burns '[2.0.13] phpBB 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 Code Changes' to upgrade from 2.0.13 to 14 as a definate alternative to using the phpbb upgrade uploads? And this will work with modded and unmodded boards?

If so I am ready to jump with joy :)

In my case, the "changed files" upgrade scenario was not an option because of the many mods I have. I did not want to reinstall them, as specified in the documentation. The "patch files" upgrade scenario is not for me, as I use IIS on WIN2K AS.

The solution was the "Code changes" upgrade scenario. I also could of used EasyMod to do it less than a minute, but I chose the manual method as I wanted to make sure everything fell into place as it should. I do have many personal modifications also.

In answer to your specific question, if you have keeped yourself up-to-date and are presently on a working 2.0.13 board, there is no question that you should use the "Code changes" upgrade scenario, installed manually or with EasyMod. Good luck to you!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”