parse error for prvmsg.php after upgrade

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
wickedintense

parse error for prvmsg.php after upgrade

Post by wickedintense »

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/privmsg.php on line 533

everything else seems to be working fine except our ability to use the pm
wickedintense

Post by wickedintense »

hhmmm i can't seem to find what's wrong :?
sonyboy

Post by sonyboy »

Hey, recheck the MOD for primsg.php file, and does your forum have any MODs installed?
wickedintense

Post by wickedintense »

sonyboy wrote: Hey, recheck the MOD for primsg.php file, and does your forum have any MODs installed?

I'm not really sure what you mean by check the MOD for privmsg.php. I didn't install a privmsg MOD. I do have mods that were installed before the upgrade to 2.0.014 they are the posticon MOD the attachment MOD recommend us MOD and the updates from 2.0.10 to each new version.
thecharmed01
Former Team Member

Post by thecharmed01 »

How did you do the upgrade?

Did you use the changed files pack, or apply the changes like a mod?
Please refrain from PM'ing me for support unless I specifically ask you to.......

Helpful Pages: ~ [Styles FAQ] ~ [Styles User Guide] ~ [Styles Submission Policy]
My Site: [C1 Web Design]
| Mum | Web Designer | Airsoft Player| Business Owner|
wickedintense

Post by wickedintense »

I used the code changes provided by acid burn because i have MODS on the board then i used the install/update_to_latest.php

there weren't any errors listed and everything seemed to go just fine. so i'm clueless as to y i am getting the parse error line 533 all of a sudde.
i tried loading the old prvmsg.php back up, and checked the code changes and it all seems fine :?
wickedintense

Post by wickedintense »

:?:
thecharmed01
Former Team Member

Post by thecharmed01 »

to be honest, I have just discovered the same thing.........

I did manual upgrades from 11 to 12, then 12 to 13, then 13 to 14

I though all was well till the emails started coming in :oops:

I have that error with the pm's I only discovered last night and I have redone the mod three times to be sure I didnt screw it up!!
Please refrain from PM'ing me for support unless I specifically ask you to.......

Helpful Pages: ~ [Styles FAQ] ~ [Styles User Guide] ~ [Styles Submission Policy]
wickedintense

Post by wickedintense »

thecharmed01 wrote: to be honest, I have just discovered the same thing.........

I did manual upgrades from 11 to 12, then 12 to 13, then 13 to 14

I though all was well till the emails started coming in :oops:

I have that error with the pm's I only discovered last night and I have redone the mod three times to be sure I didnt screw it up!!

same here i redid it several times, went back to the old prvmsg file, went back to the new one each and every time now i am getting that parse error. I wonder if it is even directly related to the prvmsg.php file or if it could be from another file... All i know is before this my board pm's were fine and it doesn't seem to accept the original file anymore either without coming out with this error message ?

I would like to get it fixed so the members can use the pm's though. It just seems that the fixes i've used in the past just aren't working :cry:
wickedintense

Post by wickedintense »

wickedintense wrote:
sonyboy wrote:Hey, recheck the MOD for primsg.php file, and does your forum have any MODs installed?

I'm not really sure what you mean by check the MOD for privmsg.php. I didn't install a privmsg MOD. I do have mods that were installed before the upgrade to 2.0.014 they are the posticon MOD the attachment MOD recommend us MOD and the updates from 2.0.10 to each new version.

still can't use pm's on the board

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/tantri3/public_html/bulletinboard/privmsg.php on line 533
thecharmed01
Former Team Member

Post by thecharmed01 »

Well, I ended up seeking help and apparently I had made an error in the mod.

So I do recommend re-doing the mod :)

flogger12

Post by flogger12 »

well, let's see, if worked before the upgrade, you did the upgrad manually, part of that upgrade is editing that file, I guess that just leaves a mistake in the edits to the file.

:lol: :lol:

luck,
robert
wickedintense

Post by wickedintense »

thecharmed01 wrote: Well, I ended up seeking help and apparently I had made an error in the mod.

So I do recommend re-doing the mod :)

:( I redid the mod a couple of times and still no go

what exactly was your error ? maybe i did the same thing

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”