Updating 2.0.13 with modifications to 2.0.14

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Petan_killer

Updating 2.0.13 with modifications to 2.0.14

Post by Petan_killer »

I have phpbb 2.0.13 with log actions mod. This mod was installed by manually changing some orig. files of forum. If i use patch for update it will i must change it again or patch keep previous files and only change part of each?
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

I reccomend manually patching if you have mods but that's just me.
tofu

Post by tofu »

Depends on how many files and how many changes you have.

If you have lots of changes in a few files. It's better to get the "change pack" and replace the changed files.

If you have a few changes in a lot of files, it's better to get the "patch pack" and manually replacing the lines.
Petan_killer

Post by Petan_killer »

Dukes wrote: I reccomend manually patching if you have mods but that's just me.

hmm... it's good idea (if you thinking manually change all files) but it's for a long time and it's maybe hardest than modificate it again :D do you know where is instructions for patch manually?
tOnk3r

Post by tOnk3r »

Petan_killer

Post by Petan_killer »

tofu wrote: Depends on how many files and how many changes you have.

If you have lots of changes in a few files. It's better to get the "change pack" and replace the changed files.

If you have a few changes in a lot of files, it's better to get the "patch pack" and manually replacing the lines.

I have lot of changes in few files (includes/constants.php, posting.php and modcp.php) but most changes is exactly in modcp.php and this file was changed (I thinking it because in list of changes is this: Fixed bug in moderator control panel where certain parameters could lead to an "error creating new session" sql error) but i don't know how important is patch in this file... (i never have any problems like error creating new session :))

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”