Cant veiw a mod forum

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Der Robe

Cant veiw a mod forum

Post by Der Robe »

I have a user who I have promoted to being a mod but he can not view the mod forum. How do I make some truely a mod I have made his name a mod of 5 forums. And the view option for the mod forum is set to mod how do I make it so the system thinks he is a mod. I dont want to change him to an administartor
WANTED:
Artists and debaters

The Pit
Jarf

Post by Jarf »

did you set him to be the moderator of the mod forum? In phpbb2, there aren't global mods like there were in phpBB1. This means that the system treats a user as a moderator only if the user specifically is assigned as a moderator of a forum.
Jeff Bach
Please send security issues to security @ phpbb.com.
Bug TrackerDocsStep-by-Step InstallEnable Debug ModeOther Tutorials
Der Robe

Post by Der Robe »

I have this user set up as a mod of a few different forums. But not the mod of the mod only forum in order for him to view he has to be a mod of that forum???
WANTED:
Artists and debaters

The Pit
Jarf

Post by Jarf »

Correct. If you have the forum permissions set to Mod, then the user must be the moderator of the forum to gain access. The better solution is to make it private and then give the user access if you don't want him/her to be a mod of that forum.
Jeff Bach
Please send security issues to security @ phpbb.com.
Bug TrackerDocsStep-by-Step InstallEnable Debug ModeOther Tutorials
Der Robe

Post by Der Robe »

Thanks for the advise
WANTED:
Artists and debaters

The Pit
Der Robe

Post by Der Robe »

For the private is there a way to sert it up that when you sign up you do not have access to it until i grant it
WANTED:
Artists and debaters

The Pit
Darlof
Former Team Member
Name: Darrell

Post by Darlof »

When you set it to private, I believe no one can access it until he/she is given permission, which is done in user admin-permissions..select the user and then a list of forums comes up which allows you to grant him/her access to a private forum, or moderator of a forum.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”