Can't login after update to 2.0.15

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ung

Can't login after update to 2.0.15

Post by ung »

After updating from 2.0.13 to 2.0.15, I deleted 'contrib' and 'install' folder as instructed and tried to enter the Admin Control Panel.
After entering the admin name and password, the URL changed to .../login.php but the page remains empty.

Any idea what happened?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Can't login after update to 2.0.15

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

ung wrote: After updating from 2.0.13 to 2.0.15, I deleted 'contrib' and 'install' folder as instructed and tried to enter the Admin Control Panel.
After entering the admin name and password, the URL changed to .../login.php but the page remains empty.

Any idea what happened?
did you run the update to latest.php file ?

if not, you need to do that first, then if you still get the blank page, we will see.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
ung

Post by ung »

I did run the update_to_latest.php file.
The bottom line showed
Powered by phpBB 2.0.15 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
computersOC

Post by computersOC »

Sounds like you did not make the file changes.
http://www.computersOC.com - overclocking, P2P, broadband tweaks, ISP forums, more... Computer Building Help -- Overclocking Guide

Want us to install you a phpBB board or update your current one? Want mods/anti-spam mods installed? Moving to a new host? Check us out here.
Lumpy Burgertushie

ung wrote: I did run the update_to_latest.php file.
The bottom line showed
Powered by phpBB 2.0.15 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

ok, you are apparently not using subSilver, because the upgrade takes the version number out of the footer file in subSilver.
'
anyway, try clicking the back button till you get to the index page and see if you are logged in, if not, hit the reload .refresh button and see if you are logged in.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
yorktown

It does NOT work for PHP BB 2.0.11

Post by yorktown »

I got the same errors. Also it said that a table had a problem when converting from 2.0.11 to 2.0.15

I restored the database. Reinstalled it - got the same thing. I had to go back to 2.0.11

Any help appreciated here.
ung

Post by ung »

I do use subSilver template because its the only template in my templates folder:

URL of the forum is: http://www.pruftechnik.com/forum/index.php
anyway, try clicking the back button till you get to the index page and see if you are logged in, if not, hit the reload .refresh button and see if you are logged in.

I did what you instructed but I'm not logged in.
Lumpy Burgertushie

ung wrote: I do use subSilver template because its the only template in my templates folder:

URL of the forum is: http://www.pruftechnik.com/forum/index.php

I did what you instructed but I'm not logged in.

now we have a problem, there is no way that the version number would be in the footer of the page if you have run the update to latest .php file.

try this:
look in the zip file that you downloaded from here, find the install folder , upload that to your server so it is like this:
http://www.pruftechnik.com/forum/install/

now, click here:
http://www.pruftechnik.com/forum/instal ... latest.php

now, delete the install folder and let's see what happens,.

robert

ung

Post by ung »

I did reload the install folder on the server and clicked on the link in your reply. Here is what I received - I think its OK so far ?!

+++++++++++++++
Information
Database type :: mysql
Previous version :: 2.0.15
Updated version :: 2.0.15

Updating database schema
Progress :: No updates required

Updating data
Progress :: No updates where required

Updating version and optimizing tables
Progress :: . . Done
Result :: No errors

Update completed
Please make sure you have updated your board files too, this file is only updating your database.

You should now visit the General Configuration settings page in the Administration Panel and check the General Configuration of the board. If you updated from versions prior to RC-3 you must update some entries. If you do not do this emails sent from the board will contain incorrect information. Don't forget to delete this file!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I deleted the install folder and tried to login ... but the same as before.

The version number appeared in the footer and a blank page was shown after clicking on the LOGIN button (URL : .../login.php...)

Can I go back to version 2.0.13? If yes, how?
ung

Post by ung »

I fixed my problems!!

Please check out the following thread:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=288986

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”