Getting rid of user accounts - How

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
scottmph

Getting rid of user accounts - How

Post by scottmph » Tue May 17, 2005 4:14 pm

Searched but nothing found.

Okay after I started cruising (admining) around my site, I noticed that I have several "new" accounts that are obviously spammers looking to grab names etc. some phentermine site

How do I kill there accounts? totally? can it be done?

I added them to the ban (16 with the same email suffix), but they still show up in list.

Scott

MichaelTunnell
Name: Michael Tunnell

Post by MichaelTunnell » Tue May 17, 2005 4:53 pm

you have to go to the User Management section and enter their username in the box. This will send you to their profile to edit it, however at the very bottom there is a check box to delete the user. You will not be able to get it back if you delete it so I would suggest writing down their email so you can keep it incase that come back.

My site has 700 members and every 2 months I delete useless members who dont participate...I usually delete around 90 each time...this last time I deleted 117. NOT THAT WAY THOUGH!...if you have more than say five people to delete I wouldnt suggest doing it that way. The fastest way I have found is in the MyPHPadmin panel and opening the "_users" table, then click browse...then it will show you thirty of them by default. You want it to show all so look at the top and see how many rows your table has...then make it show from 0 - whatever your total is. This will show them all. Now click the box beside the people you want to delete...then scroll to the bottom and click the red x which will delete them from the table thus deleting the users much faster.

Hope that helps ya...

scottmph

me not smart

Post by scottmph » Tue May 17, 2005 7:11 pm

Dohhh... thanks

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”