Ideas for Ranking Titles

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Ignatius

Ideas for Ranking Titles

Post by Ignatius » Tue May 17, 2005 4:15 pm

I'm drawing a blank here and wonder if anyone can help me out.

I want to create ranking titles for a fantasy roleplaying forum, but for a lot of reasons, I don't want to make the titles thematic. I'd rather go with titles that suggest the level of participation and support on a real-life, non-fantasy basis.

I'm thinking of words like "Member", "Patron," "Advisor", etc., but the hierarchy isn't working well. I'd also like the titles to suggest not only level of support, but the quality that can come with long-lived participation. Maybe "Sage" or something at the top?

Can anyone suggest a series of ranking titles that could work in this situation?

Thanks in advance.

MichaelTunnell
Name: Michael Tunnell

Post by MichaelTunnell » Tue May 17, 2005 4:39 pm

n00b
Legend
Icon

It really depends on what your site is about...I know you said its rp based but what kind of game is it? Theres games like that for all sports and shows like DBZ...no idea how the dbz thing works but since I dont care I dont think I will lose sleep over it. So anway what type of RP game is it.

Ignatius

Post by Ignatius » Tue May 17, 2005 5:29 pm

It's all genres of roleplaying games--AD&D fantasy type to science fiction to horror. That's why themes don't work very well, because they need to be able to apply to any genre.

MichaelTunnell
Name: Michael Tunnell

Post by MichaelTunnell » Tue May 17, 2005 5:33 pm

my previous suggestions are about as broad as you can go...with general terms you dont have that many options.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”