Domain Name Setting Stored?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
David_A

Domain Name Setting Stored?

Post by David_A » Tue May 17, 2005 4:26 pm

I am having problems creating a new forum or making changes via the the Admin CP.

I believe I made an incorrect entry for the domain name under General Board Settings. I used foo.com instead of www.foo.com

Since I am unable to make any changes to the settings in the Admin, I am trying to find out where the Domain Name Setting is stored? I didn't find it in the database.

Any help would be appreciated.

3.2.2.1: General Board Settings

Domain Name - Your domain name, as the end user will see it. For example, if your Forum Index is located at http://www.cheese.com/wheel/log/phpBB2/index.php, the domain name you should enter is www.cheese.com.

espicom

Post by espicom » Tue May 17, 2005 4:39 pm

Check the other pages... phpbb_config is at least three pages long when viewed with PHPMyAdmin.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

MichaelTunnell
Name: Michael Tunnell

Post by MichaelTunnell » Tue May 17, 2005 4:43 pm

it doesnt look like he is even checking the mysql...so incase he doesnt know how...go to your control panel. there should be an icon for MyPHPadmin but if not it will be at the bottom of the mysql section of the panel. Then click the left side select menu and pick that database you are using. Then check the config as espicom said...

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Tue May 17, 2005 6:19 pm

If you dont have phpmyadmin you can use the Board Config option on the right side of my toolkit to edit your cookie and domain settings.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

David_A

Post by David_A » Tue May 17, 2005 6:23 pm

espicom wrote: Check the other pages... phpbb_config is at least three pages long when viewed with PHPMyAdmin.

That's what was happening. It was only showing the first 30 rows.

I've fixed it, cleared ALL cookies, but it still didn't solve my problem.

Running 2.0.15 and I can login as the Admin, but still cannot create a new Forum or Category. I can do it directly in Mysql, but not through the Admin Panel.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Tue May 17, 2005 6:24 pm

On top of the page is a text box with the number 30 in it next to how many rows will be showed. Change it to 200 or something to see everything.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”