Just upgrated from .14 - .15 now...no admin access

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Chris @ 8200rpm

Just upgrated from .14 - .15 now...no admin access

Post by Chris @ 8200rpm »

Just upgrated from .14 - .15 now...no admin access.

When i click "Go to Administration Panel" all i get is the main page of the forum.

It doesn't bring up the admin left panel or anything.

Steps i took to upgrade:
(copied all the files in the zip .14 to .15..and overwrite the files)
then..i copied the folders "install" and "contrib" into the forum directory...ran the install/update_to_latest.php page...
everything went fine...no errors...then deleted the install and contrib folders

what next?

HELP!

Keith W

Post by Keith W »

Sanel

Post by Sanel »

I made update of 2.0.15 but still have problems with loging (I have to 2 times log in to access ADMIN PANEL).

Strange! :(

Sanel

BigRed01

Post by BigRed01 »

Sanel wrote: I made update of 2.0.15 but still have problems with loging (I have to 2 times log in to access ADMIN PANEL).

Sanel

That was done for security reasons.

Sanel

Post by Sanel »

BigRed01 wrote:
Sanel wrote:I made update of 2.0.15 but still have problems with loging (I have to 2 times log in to access ADMIN PANEL).

Sanel

That was done for security reasons.

You mean 1st login for writing on forum and the 2nd for accessing ADMIN Panel, right?
Hmm...

Sanel

skuipers

Re: Just upgrated from .14 - .15 now...no admin access

Post by skuipers »

Chris @ 8200rpm wrote: What next?
HELP!

The fix Keith W mentioned works if you have changed anything in the user groups section.

But your problem might be more basic. It could be a cookie problem: try to apply this mod (well, it really is not a mod, but a fix).

PhilC

Post by PhilC »

I've just upgraded from .10 to .15 by using the "changed files" option, and I'm having exactly the same problem - I can't access the admin panel after the re-authentication form. I only return to the front page.

I looked at the fix posted by Keith W but it was already in the file. So I did the cookie thing, but no joy. I'm simply locked out of the admin panel.

The forum recognises me as the admin - orange colour, and I can see and use the admin and private forums. Also, I get the admin buttons - edit/delete anyone's post, etc. But I just can't get to the admin panel. It's my forum and I haven't explicitly made myself the moderator of any sub-forum.

Any more suggestions please?

I'll explain that I went through every "changed" file, checking them against my existing files in case there were any bits of mods in them, and copying the bits into the new files. As far as I know I didn't make any mistakes and everything seems to work fine except the admin panel.

Chris @ 8200rpm

Post by Chris @ 8200rpm »

Excellent!

Just re-downloaded the "changed files" uploaded and overwrite.

Working nicely...i think.

I've never been asked to "re-authenticate" before. But it did this time, and it took me straight to the control panel. Nice.

Thanx heaps for all your help! :D

thegriffon

Post by thegriffon »

Having similar problem to PhilC - not the same problem as Chris. Checked the changed files and they seem to be correct. Have not been demoted, do not get redirected to forum index, just get the admin - login redirect over and over again. Have chedck the other solutions, but none seem to apply or work.

thegriffon

Post by thegriffon »

OK have found solution to admin reauthentication redirect loop - not all updated files in /includes were uploaded for some reason (or in /language, but that merely effects the reauthentication message, not the login). If you are having the reauthentication loop problem as I was, then checking you have these files updated may help.

Volion

Post by Volion »

PhilC wrote: I'll explain that I went through every "changed" file, checking them against my existing files in case there were any bits of mods in them, and copying the bits into the new files. As far as I know I didn't make any mistakes and everything seems to work fine except the admin panel.

I have checked all the files also, same problem.
Proud supporter of phpBB-RPG.com.

DeadraFFxi

Post by DeadraFFxi »

Im having similar problems. If I use the sessions.php with that came in the changed files package, it throughs a big sql error, if I use the old one I have to double authenticate but I dont get sent to the forums I get sent to the root directory :?

PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Did you update your database? .15, or one of the versions after .10, needs a new sessions table. I had that problem before I realised why.

PhilC

Post by PhilC »

The problem is solved for me. The cause was the /login.php file. There were some mod bits to copy across to the new file, but I must have somehow contrived to upload the old file by mistake after doing it.

The new file has an extra bit at the end of line ~55 :- "|| isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['admin'])" which was missing in the uploaded (old) file.

DeadraFFxi

Post by DeadraFFxi »

PhilC wrote: The problem is solved for me. The cause was the /login.php file. There were some mod bits to copy across to the new file, but I must have somehow contrived to upload the old file by mistake after doing it.

The new file has an extra bit at the end of line ~55 :- "|| isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['admin'])" which was missing in the uploaded (old) file.

Any chance you know the date on that login file? I just downloaded the 5th copy lol and all the login.php are dated
$Id: login.php,v 1.47.2.18 2005/05/06 20:50:10 acydburn Exp $

Is this the same one? Im going to go hunt down line 55 either way and see if thats my issue.

Update: just checked the one I am using this is line 55
if( ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['login']) || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['login']) ) && (!$userdata['session_logged_in'] || isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['admin'])) )

So thats not the problem

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”