Group table corrupted?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
espicom

Re: Group table corrupted?

Post by espicom » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:12 am

OK, let's try another query....

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM `phpbb_groups` WHERE group_description NOT LIKE 'Personal User' order by group_description;
Do you see any duplicate entries in the list? Does the "test" group appear any different from the others?
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

jsundqui

Post by jsundqui » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:41 pm

No duplicate entries.

The only difference with the "test" group is that it is group_type "0" rather than group_type "2" which I believe is the difference between a hidden group and an open group.

I tried changing the group type of both the test group and one of the hidden groups in the admin panel. I reran the query and it changed the group_type number in the expected manner. Each time I also rechecked groupcp.php, and it continues to show test only once, and the other, older groups, twice, regardless of group_type.

espicom

Post by espicom » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:53 am

Well, here's a rather radical thought...

One possibility is a problem with the auth_access table; in groupcp, a LEFT JOIN is done on the groups table with auth_access, which CAN result in more than one entry being returned. Try rebuilding the index on auth_access.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP

jsundqui

Post by jsundqui » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:59 am

Had a bust weekend with kids and work.

Just getting back to this now.

I rebuilt the index on phpb_auth_access using this command from the link in your sig:

REPAIR TABLE phpbb_auth_access USE_FRM;

Unfortunately, the problem remains...

espicom

Post by espicom » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:48 am

Don't feel bad - I finished a project today that was scheduled for last Thursday... before the customer came up with THREE "emergencies" that involved things that were "discovered" to be wrong, months after they last said there was a problem, and all needing fixing "now". And, by the way, why isn't that Thursday project done yet? :roll:

What I would do at this point would be to write down the information for the created groups, then delete their entries from JUST the groups table. Then re-enter them. This should change NOTHING... but, there is a chance that it will. I would want to avoid outright removal of the groups and their members, if possible, because putting the members back in can be a pain in the rear.

One other thing I'd try is having phpmyadmin dump the data to an SQL file, and look at the file to see if their are any duplicate entries. An editor that can sort files is nice for this.
Jeff

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”