Restoring backup on a different domain name

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
jgilmore

Restoring backup on a different domain name

Post by jgilmore »

Hi,

I have backed up my forum and am trying to restore it within a different domain name. When I log in on the new domain name it reverts to the old domain name (which is still up and running). How do I configure the duplicated forum on the new domain name to operate only under that domain?

Regards, Jon
arod-1

Post by arod-1 »

Code: Select all

modify phpbb_config set confiv_value='my_new_domain.com' where config_name='server_name';

and if the path of the new forum files (relative to document_root) differs from the old site:
modify phpbb_config set confiv_value='/path_to_index.php/' where config_name='script_path';
replace p-hpbb_config with {YOUR_TABLE_PREFIX}config
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

hmm, im not quite following this one, im a little confused on how i`m suppose to make the file look.
arod-1

Post by arod-1 »

no file. you have to change one or two rows in one of the tables in the database.
the table is phpbb_config, and dthe rows are the ones where the "config_name" column value is "server_name" and "script_path". whichever way you manage your database, you will have to change these fields. i am not familiar with phpmyadmin, but the lines i gave you are straight sql statements, and you should find a way to issue them.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”