Everything has Gone Black!

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
wrenchca

Everything has Gone Black!

Post by wrenchca »

We have just set up a board on our site and when I access it, it shows all black. Only the PHPBB image and a few icons are visable. I've tried it on four different computers just in case of a problem on my end, all the same.
My co-conspirator who set it up says it works fine on his end and has passed the ball to me. But it is kinda hard to make adjustments when I can't even see to log onto the board admin.

Any ideas...by the way, I am code challenged, be gentle! :oops:

Chuck
Canada, eh?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Everything has Gone Black!

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

wrenchca wrote: We have just set up a board on our site and when I access it, it shows all black. Only the PHPBB image and a few icons are visable. I've tried it on four different computers just in case of a problem on my end, all the same.
My co-conspirator who set it up says it works fine on his end and has passed the ball to me. But it is kinda hard to make adjustments when I can't even see to log onto the board admin.

Any ideas...by the way, I am code challenged, be gentle! :oops:

Chuck
Canada, eh?

how about a link so we can see it

roberr
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
icondrifting

Post by icondrifting »

im having the same problem.. for some reason when I click the admin CP link it goes to a black screen with phpBB in the top left corner
wrenchca

Post by wrenchca »

You're not gonna believe this...I don't! Went to get a link for you and it works?!? All the pages are crystal clear.

EDIT: OOPS, spoke too soon, I was logged in as admin. When I logged out, it went black again.

Here a link...

http://www.premierairways.com/phpbb/

Thanks,
Chuck
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

ok, make a copy of your config.php file and then reupload all the files again except for config.php and the install and contrib folders

what are you using to upload with?

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
wrenchca

Post by wrenchca »

I'm not sure what he is uploading with, just been brought on board. We are just getting the forum set up, so we'll just nuke the works and start over with a clean slate.

Nothing in it to lose...yet!

Thanks,
Chuck
icondrifting

Post by icondrifting »

wow thats better than mine:(.. im clicking to go to admin cp and just getting the black screen with that phpBB at the top left and thats it

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”