BUG: search function the second

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
KI

BUG: search function the second

Post by KI »

sorry, that i opened a new thread but the other one was closed. :wink:

I just wanted to know what in detail I have to change in the code, so that the search function can search for two letter expressions.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: BUG: search function the second

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

KI wrote: sorry, that i opened a new thread but the other one was closed. :wink:

I just wanted to know what in detail I have to change in the code, so that the search function can search for two letter expressions.

go back to the search.php file from a previous version,

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
KI

Post by KI »

I don't feel good to use an old version of search.php. I don't know exactly what has been changed in this file...
I analyzed this file by myself, but didn't found the part where the keyword lenght is tested...

Quote (BUG: search function)
Graham wrote: This is not a bug - if you review the changelog, you will see that this was a deliberate change to the software

I browsed through the changelog of phpbb. The change you brought up is listed in "Changes since 2.0.0":
"Decreased minimum search word size to 3 chars"

If my memory serves me right, "user post search" was still possible in phpbb 2.0.11 for nicknames with a length of 2 letters.

My proposition for the next phpbb 2 version is to enable at least user search with two letters...
TMB

Post by TMB »

KI wrote: My proposition for the next phpbb 2 version is to enable at least user search with two letters...

And so say all of us.

Alternatively, user names of less than three letters should be prevented from registering, but that would be most undesirable.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”