Linking to Web Site

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
lupus2k5

Post by lupus2k5 »

Well it looks like one of the admins is deleting the forum already. Too late. Sorry folks.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

lupus2k5 wrote: And I still suggest you create the index.html file, because Internet Explorer 4.x and below recognize PHP, but do not see it as a default file, unless your host overrides it. Who hosts your site anyway?

what does this mean? the browser has nothing to do with this as far as I know.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
SgtMassacreU2

Post by SgtMassacreU2 »

Thanks lupus2k5, I opened up the php download and re-inserted the index.php file into the php folder and all is back now. Now back to creating the link from my main site to the forum.

websitesource.net is my host. They have been for several years. Reasonably priced and solid.

Thanks,

John
SgtMassacreU2

Post by SgtMassacreU2 »

Ok, I'm getting somewhere now. I have added the Forum to the Navigation Structure. However, if you go to my page and look http://computerworkscentral.com on the left side you will see there is a blamk spot where Forum is suppossed to be. If you hold your mouse on it a little tag box will say Forum.

If you click on the empty spot it will take you to the forum section. When I open front page it shows as phpBB2/index.php. When I try to rename it, it says cannot create file. "Server Error: Cannot Creat Folder"_vti_cnf".

I believe this has something to do with my website theme.

Thanks,

JOhn
SgtMassacreU2

Post by SgtMassacreU2 »

Ok, forget it. I got it fixed. I had to delete the pre-exsisting "_vti_cnf" folder and just saved and it worked.

Thanks Everyone for your help!!!

JOhn

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”