How to Unregister oneself

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
phpcc

How to Unregister oneself

Post by phpcc »

As there is a way to register oneself , Is there any way to Unregister oneself ?
What if a user or a moderator wants to leave ? Any difference ?

HaqDiesel

Post by HaqDiesel »

Have to ask the admin to delete you.

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

Hello phpcc!

A board Administrator or someone with admin. rights can delete a user, and that's as far as it goes. As a user, there is no built-in means of doing this.

Hope this helps,
Wolf

phpcc

Post by phpcc »

A mod and a user on my boards want to unregister themselves , if i delete them , they'll NEVER be able to join again ? ( is that so ? )
What i want is ....If in future they want to come back as a mod or as a user , they should be able to do that !

HaqDiesel

Post by HaqDiesel »

phpcc wrote: A mod and a user on my boards want to unregister themselves , if i delete them , they'll NEVER be able to join again ? ( is that so ? )
What i want is ....If in future they want to come back as a mod or as a user , they should be able to do that !

If the mod wants to come back as a mod, he should just leave his account up. There is no real benefit to "unregistering" unless you're paranoid that people will PM you in your absence. Otherwise, deleting them shouldn't prevent them from reregistering in the future, after which time you can mod whomever you like.

kjcdude

Post by kjcdude »

phpcc wrote: A mod and a user on my boards want to unregister themselves , if i delete them , they'll NEVER be able to join again ? ( is that so ? )

that makes no sense

why would you want to unregister oneself/ delete, but then want to come back with that same registration...????

what you are asking seems like "How does someone log off the site then log in when they come back?"

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”