find all posts

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
blinddruid

find all posts

Post by blinddruid » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:28 am

Very wierd problem. There is one member on my board that we recently had some problems with. The member made a post and nonone could open this one particular post. The browser would just just hang. Same with accessing the member's online profile. After a while the problem seemed to go away and now when you access the online profile and select Find All Posts there is nothing listed despite the fact that this member has posted plenty. The board version was 2.0.15 (I just updated to 2.0.16).

Any ideas?

geocator

Post by geocator » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:54 am

How many characters in the username? Any strange characters?

blinddruid

Post by blinddruid » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:58 am

The member name is OS and has been a member for quite some time and have never had problems until this point. I tried a sql repair but it did not come up with anything.

geocator

Post by geocator » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:06 am

Due to security concerns the search function was changed and will not accept anything under 3 charachters. This is causing a lot of issues like this. You can use the search.php file from 2.0.13 to resolve this, however there are DoS scripts out that try to overload your server using short names for search.

blinddruid

Post by blinddruid » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:18 am

geocator wrote: Due to security concerns the search function was changed and will not accept anything under 3 charachters. This is causing a lot of issues like this. You can use the search.php file from 2.0.13 to resolve this, however there are DoS scripts out that try to overload your server using short names for search.

Thanks. I will check this out.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”